Mount Union Borough, Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania, announces that applications are being accepted for the positions of full-time and part-time police officers with the Mount Union Police Department. Applicants must be Act-120 certified prior to submitting applications.
Applications are available in person at the Mount Union Borough Office located at 9 West Market Street, Mount Union, Huntingdon County, PA 17066. The Borough Office may be reached at (814) 542-4051.
MOUNT UNION Police Department Requirements
Applicants should ensure they meet the following requirements before beginning the application process.
- Citizenship: Must be a U.S. citizen and resident of the U.S. for at least five (5) years and if foreign born, possess naturalization papers.
- Age: Must have arrived at the age of Twenty-one (21). Applicants must be prepared to furnish documentary evidence of date of birth.
- Must be Act-120 Certified Prior to making application for the position.
- Character: Must be of a good reputation, moral character and habits.
- Application: Any willful misstatement, falsification or concealment in respect to the application process shall render the same null and void. Subject to the discretion of the board, a person making such false application shall be prohibited from making any future application. Applications cannot be accepted from persons who have been convicted of a crime or from former police officers removed for cause.
- Eligibility List: At least once every two (2) years, the current eligibility list will be cancelled and new examinations will be conducted for an entirely new list.
- Driver’s License: All applicants must possess a valid Driver’s License at the time of application and appointment.
Elements of the Selection Process
- Written application
- Oral interview
- Certification by Police Civil Service Board
- Background investigation
- Psychological exam
- Medical exam
Approximate Expected Duration of the Selection Process
The selection process lasts approximately two to 24 months.
The Mount Union Borough Police Department is an equal opportunity employer.